Monday, May 9, 2011

Pai Day 1 - Arrival and roaming around


Pai is a backpackers paradise, or that at least is the best was I can think to describe it.  It is layed back, in the valley and surrounded by countryside.  It is one of, or maybe even the most picturesque place I have been in Thailand thus far!
I arrived and in my usual fashion just decided to roam and see what I could find.  Well I found a cute small town with a river, dreadlocked-backpackers chatting on porches, bamboo bridges crossing muddy rivers and farmhouses with mountain views.  There are of course the odd watt here and there to make sure you know you are still in Thailand... 

Songkran was technically over but of course it being the weekend people like to extend the festivities a few days longer... needless to say I did not stay dry on my walk, passing trucks were my downfall!  

Well at one point on my walk I was walking accross a bridge and noticed a group of young boys swimming in the water below, it was such a cute scene I had to take a picture, next thing I know they are all calling for me to join them!  I was already drenched so figured why not!? 
The boys LOVED posing for the camera! I have a whole series of these pictures!
That night Ben Wolf (Steph and Jake's triplet... Steph and Jake go to Dartmouth with me...) joined me in Pai.  We had a nice hot-pot dinner outside our guesthouse and roamed through the market where we found really good tea in carved bamboo cups!

No comments:

Post a Comment