Thursday, April 28, 2011

My 21st BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Turned out to be one of the best birthdays I think I have ever had!!!


Didnt start well... the night leading up to the mid-night turning of my birthday I was stuck in my working on 2 problem sets.... I was NOT happy about that... then of course my birthday had to be on a Tuesday which just happens to be our WORST day of the week! We have 6 straight hours of class :S...

After my first 3h class one of my Thai friends, Binz, surprised me with a box of cupcakes!!! and got the whole class to sing Happy Birthday to me!!!! It was so nice and brought my mood up :) 


cupcakes!
Amber, Sam and I then went for lunch... I had already scoped out where to go... it was a Tuesday so there was not supposed to be the market but since the next day was a national holiday the market was a day early!!!! I LOVE the market! they have the best fresh spring rolls so I was so excited to have those for lunch!  We ate those at the place I had picked out... Joe's, a dessert cafe :) Amber and I shared a mouth watering chocolate lava cake and a Serendipity frozen hot chocolate!!!!

Then we had class again :(

finished class, quick gym session (we had prepare our stomachs for dinner!)
My roommates and I at The Cedar
Then DINNER!!! 15 of us went for dinner at a Lebanese restaurant called "The Cedar"!  We were the only ones in the restaurant and they treated us like kings! They must have had close to 10 servers just for us! and the owner made sure we had the best experience possible! He even surprised me with a free dessert for everyone!!! Baklava! One of my favs!!!
Nico, Me, Eye and Bao
Eye and me  
Mo and Toshi
Next we went to a dessert restaurant down the road, a surprise place compliments of my roommates!  It is called Summer... the restaurant is Spring and the bar is called Winter!  It is set in a modern style house with a beautiful lawn with cushions sitting around low chairs!  We all lay on the cushions and had amazingly delicious desserts!!!
Isabelle and I at Summer on the cushions  
Rachel and me! 
Eye and Bao star gazing!
It was already such a good birthday but there was one last surprise waiting for me... Amber (who had already done so much to make my day) surprised me once again with an icecream cake from Sweesens!!! I was stuffed but of course I let myself indulge!!


That night I could not fall asleep from the sugar high! and we were up bright and early the next day to head off to the east!

Now to do some math:
Cupcakes = dessert#1
Lava cake+ Frozen hot chocolate = dessert#2
Baklava = dessert#3
Summer dessert = dessert#4
Icecream cake = dessert#5

5 desserts for my 21st! Anyone who knows me at all will know how I feel about this ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment