Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cha Am

Cha Am, a small Thai Beach Resort.  It is where the Thai's go to escape the busy city of Bangkok.  It's only 2h away from Bangkok so a nice short beach visit is possible!  I was kicked out of my room (not actually kicked out but my month of rent was over) so had a one night before I could move into a friends room and decided I would spend it at Cha Am!

I spent my first day lying on the beach studying for my up-coming exam and reading my book.  It was a relaxing trip! I felt like a celebrity at the beach! I was one of the few Westerners and all the Thai's kept coming up to me to ask to shake my hand!  They also seemed to be a little behind in technology... check out the seadoo with the outboard motor!!

After dinner I decided to go for a moonlit stroll on the beach before bed.  As I was walking next thing you know I had these 3 Thai boys calling to me to join them for a beer!  They were sitting at a table in the sand, right beside the water, with candles lit around them (one shaped as a heart).  I sat with them for a little bit trying to help them speak English...
They really did look like boys...



The next morning I rented a bike and rode to the end of the fishing pier and back.  It was a nice day and a nice short bike before getting back on the bus to Bangkok...
the empty beach before all the Thai's arrived... (it was still a little early for them
fishermen getting from their boats to land.
My bike with the statue at the end of the pier.

No comments:

Post a Comment