Monday, March 28, 2011

Bangkok with my parents :)


 First stop: Chatuchuk Market, the weekend market in Bangkok.  Of course mum loved it and was overwhelmed by how much there was!  We even found the pet squirrel section! I cant get over how they sell squirrels!

After roaming around the market for awhile we decided to go to Vimanmek Palace (dad was getting antsy).  Vimanmek Palace is entirely made out of teak and is the largest weekend building in the world!  It was built by the king after his time in europe (he was the first king to go to school outside of Thailand).
Mum and I outside Vimanek Palace. 
Behind Vimanek Palace we found all these VW vans! 
Dad and I in front of Anantasamakhom Palace, beside Vimenek Palace.  The grounds were huge, lots of beautiful gardens.

Also in the grounds was a zoo! Dunsit Zoo!

I had to add this picture in.  I find it so trippy on overnight bus trips passing these busses with all the bright coloured lights! I feel like I'm in some asain movie!
While we were walking we came accross a Wat with next to no tourists!  There were monks everywhere and we even saw a boy getting his hair cut in a ceremony to start his monkhood. 





Then that night as I was walking to show my parents Chula we walked by the free Muai Thai fight at MBK!


No comments:

Post a Comment